GPS2 is a specialist opinion and assessment based service only – it is not a treating service.
The GPS2 Specialist reviews all clinical records, images and test results provided, interviews and examines the patient, liaises with the treating doctor and provides a consultation summary to the GP within 5 business days (on average) from the appointment date. In the majority of cases, we can offer an appointment within 10 business days of the referral.
The consultation summary will address diagnosis, treatment recommendations, capacity and prognosis. It will also address any other medical questions the treating doctor may have. GPS2 does not replace the relationship the patient has with the treating doctor or any other treating medical specialists.
GPS2 eligibility is for patients who have an accepted or undetermined claim under the ReturntoWork scheme. If the employer is a self-insured employer, we will seek prior approval from them for payment.
All GPS2 medical assessments are conducted by trusted and expert medical specialists in a friendly and supportive environment.
Important Information To Know
- Your appointment will generally go for 45 minutes to an hour and will include an examination and interview with the medical specialist.
- All of our medical specialists are experienced professionals who conduct examinations with integrity and discretion, and gowns and screens are available for your use.
- During the interview, you will be asked questions about your medical issues, including when and how they began and details of their progression and how the condition may be affecting your life.
- Your specialist will consult with your treating doctor before finalising their consultation summary.
What to bring
Helpful materials to bring along to your assessment include:
- X-ray films, CT and MRI scans and reports
- Your treating doctor’s reports and specialist’s reports
- Pathology reports
- Medical prescriptions
- All medications taken
To learn more, please download our GPS2 brochure and FAQ’s here.
Read more FAQ’s here.